Neumann TLM 103 stereo setby Neumann
Neumann TLM 103 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (Stereo Set, Black)
- 2 x TLM 103 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (Black)
- 2 x EA-1 - Shock Mount (Nickel)
- Aluminium Case
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
The black TLM 103 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone from Neumann is a cardioid, directional microphone that features low self-noise and high sound pressure level transmission. The capsule, derived from that used in the Neumann U 87, has a cardioid pattern, is acoustically well-balanced and provides great attenuation of signals from the rear.
The TLM 103 is equipped with a large diaphragm capsule with cardioid pattern. By focusing on this pattern, the attenuation of unwanted rear sound has been optimized. Off-axis sounds are rendered naturally while isolation is increased. This also leads to a high feedback suppression when the microphone is used in live situations or where loudspeaker playback is a factor.
The TLM 103 is addressed from the front. The K 103 large diaphragm capsule is based on the K 87, and has a flat frequency response up to about 5 kHz, and above that, a wide flat 4 dB presence boost.
The large wire mesh head-grille protects the capsule from plosive sounds and effectively prevents pop noises. These characteristics are achieved without resorting to corrective resonance effects. The microphone maintains a great impulse response and reproduces details of music and speech without coloration.
With just 7 dB-A and 17.5 dB CCIR, the self-noise level of the TLM 103 is so reduced that even the smallest signals are reproduced almost noise-free. It is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 138 dB without distortion.
With TLM technology the usual output transformer is replaced by an electronic circuit. As with traditional transformers, it ensures good common mode rejection, and prevents RF interference that may influence the balanced audio signal.
The entire internal construction is elastically mounted to attenuate any structure borne noise that could interfere with the TLM 103's operation. The capsule is set on an elastic mount and the frequency range reaches below 20 Hz, allowing even very low bass signals are reproduced without coloration. Due to this low frequency extension, the TLM 103 is more sensitive to structure borne interference and wind noise.
- Large diaphragm capsule cardioid microphone
- Pressure gradient transducer
- Transformerless circuitry
- Low noise
- Straightforward handling for home recording and professional studios
|Operating Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||76 dB CCIR
87 dB A-Weighted
|Equivalent Noise Level||7 dB A-Weighted|
|Maximum SPL||138 dB SPL|
|Load Impedance||1000 Ohms|
|Sensitivity||23 mV/Pa at 1 kHz into 1 kOhms|
|Output Connectors||1 x 3-Pin XLR|
|Operating Current Consumption||3 µA|
|Operating Voltage||48 V ± 4 V|
|Length||5.20" / 132 mm|
|Diameter||2.36" / 60 mm|
|Weight||15.87 oz / 450 g|
- NovoDZOFilm Tango Bundle 18-90mm /65-280mm T2.9-4 S35 Zoom Lens PL&EF mount - meter20.623,75 €/155.389,64kn 16.499,00 €/124.311,72kn
- NovoDZOFilm Tango 65-280mm T2.9-4 S35 Zoom Lens PL&EF mount - meter12.623,75 €/95.113,64kn 10.099,00 €/76.090,92kn
- NovoDZOFilm Tango 18-90mm T2.9 S35 Zoom Lens PL&EF mount - meter9.873,75 €/74.393,77kn 7.899,00 €/59.515,02kn
- NovoLeofoto LY-224C+LH-25 (Yellow) Carbon Fiber Tripod208,75 €/1.572,83kn 167,00 €/1.258,26kn
- NovoBresser Set Portable Power Supply 100W + Solar Panel 40W267,50 €/2.015,48kn 214,00 €/1.612,38kn