Blackmagic Design OpenGear 20 Slot Frame (with fans and one PSU)by Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design OpenGear 20 Slot Frame (with fans and one PSU)
- Blackmagic Design OpenGear 21 Slot Frame (with fans and one PSU)
This frame unit incorporates a well-designed cooling architecture that provides increased ventilation and cooling to all cards. A built-in intelligent fan controller automatically adjusts the fan’s speed based on changes in the temperature and power supply. The frame also features a GFC-8322 card that distributes reference signals to openGear cards installed in the frame.
Additionally, Ethernet connectivity comes standard with this unit for monitoring all the openGear cards via the DashBoard control system. A single dedicated slot is provided in this unit for connecting with a full network controller card.
High Power, High Speed, & Flexibility
- This openGear frame combines function, flexibility, and power with advanced features like high-power 450W redundant power supplies, Gigabit Ethernet access to every card slot, 20 openGear card slots, a dedicated 21st card slot for network control and internal reference distribution, and a front LCD display for easy frame, IP address, and fault identification.
Modular Frame Architecture
- This frame unit offers the flexibility of independent rear modules for connectivity to a wide array of interfaces such as BNC, twisted-pair audio, and fiber. The independent rear modules are available (sold separately) in different I/O configurations for select cards, including high-density split rear modules, allowing up to 20 independent openGear cards in the OG3 frame.
Robust Power Supplies
- This frame can accommodate 2 front-loaded PS-OG3 power supplies. The split outside location of the power supplies allows for easy installation when utilizing an alternate phase power source. A single 450W supply (included) can fully power a loaded frame, and the addition of a second supply (sold separately) gives the frame full power redundancy. Each power supply contains an independent cooling fan, status LED, and a front mounted power switch.
- This frame is designed with an advanced cooling architecture that provides increased ventilation. Front door mounted cooling fans provide forced air cooling to all cards with front to back cooling. An intelligent fan controller adjusts fan speed with changes in power supply loading and temperature. The front door assembly can be removed without tools for quick and easy maintenance.
- This unit comes standard with Ethernet connectivity for basic configuration and monitoring of openGear cards through the DashBoard control system. An advanced networking card, the MFC-8322-N (sold separately), adds an on-board Gigabit Ethernet switch, with GigE access to each of the 20 processing card slots. The advanced networking control also allows multiple DashBoard connections and adds advanced features such as DataSafe and optional SNMP.
|Card Slot||Number of Slots: 21|
|Reference Input||Number of Inputs: 2 looping
Level: 1 Vpp nominal
Signal: Analog video sync (black burst or tri-level), or AES/EBU DARS
Impedance: 75 Ω terminating
Return Loss: >30 dB to 30 MHz
Maximum DC on Ref Input: ±1 V
|Maximum Power||+12 V Rail
Per Card Occupying 4 Slots: 5 A, 60 W
Per Card Occupying 2 Slots: 2.5 A, 30 W
Per Card Occupying 1 Slot: 1.25 A, 15 W
-7.5 V Rail
Per Card Occupying 4 Slots: 0.8 A, 6 W
Per Card Occupying 2 Slots: 0.4 A, 3 W
Per Card Occupying 1 Slot: 0.2 A, 1.5 W
Total: 300 W, total power consumption not to exceed 15 W maximum per card slot
Frame Controller and Fans
+12 V Rail: 3 A, 36 W
-7.5 V Rail: 0.2 A (1.5 W)
Total: 37.5 W maximum
+12 V Rail: 0.2 A (2.4 W)
-7.5 V Rail: 0.2 A (1.5 W)
Total: 3.9 W maximum
Input: 100 to 240 VAC, 47 to 63 Hz, 500 W
Output 1: 12V, 28 A, 336 W nominal
Output 2: -7.5 V, 5 A, 37.5 W nominal
Total: Sum of both outputs not to exceed 375 W maximum
|Environmental||Ambient Temperature Range: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40ºC)
Humidity: <95% non-condensing
|Dimensions||Height: 2RU 3.50" (8.89 cm)
Width: 19.00" (48.26 cm)
Depth: 17.7" (45.0 cm)
|Weight||20.00 lb (9.07 kg) with 2 PS-OG3 power supplies installed|